Hotel 1868's Commitment to You
Hotel 1868 will continue to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our valued guests. We share your concerns about the cleanliness and security of your stay as the COVID19 situation continues to evolve. We have implemented several new policies and cleaning procedures to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and employees.
COVID-19 Travel Order
- Effective August 1, 2020, all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts must follow new travel orders. The Commonwealth has made great progress to slow the spread of COVID19 and gradually re-open the economy, and all visitors have a responsibility to help us keep transmission levels as low as possible.
- Per the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, all visitors are required to quarantine for 14 days after entering the state unless they meet certain requirements, as well as complete and submit the Massachusetts Travel Form found here.
- Current exceptions to the quarantine include:
- Produce upon request proof of a negative test for COVID-19 from a test administered no longer than 72 hours prior to arrival in Massachusetts.
- Be tested for and receive a negative test for COVID-19 after entering MA.
- Be traveling through the state expediently to another destination, including connecting to a flight.
- Coming to Massachusetts for medical care.
- Coming to Massachusetts to provide critical infrastructure services.
- Coming from a lower risk state (currently includes: CA, CT, DC, HI, ME, NH, NJ, NY, VT, WA).
- More details about the above travel order can be found here.
- Reduced contact upon check-in & sanitized keys.
- We offer keyless entry with our JustIN Mobile App partner. Download for Android or Apple devices.
- Guests will be asked at check-in if they would like to opt out of housekeeping.
- Occupied rooms will be placed out of service for a minimum of 24 – 72 hours after a guest checks out.
- Valet services are still available.
- Elevators are equipped with wall mounted hand sanitizing stations.
- Elevators have a max occupancy of two guests at a time.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the hotel.
- Elimination of non-essential items in each room.
- Business Center has been re-configured to ensure social distancing guidelines are being followed
- Fitness Center will remain closed until Phase 4 of Massachusetts re-opening plan.
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfecting will increase in high traffic areas
- Focus on deep cleaning of high touch surfaces such as door handles and elevator areas.
- Use of Ecolab cleaning products, meeting EPA guidelines and recommended for use against viruses will be used
- All bed linen will continue to be washed at a high temperature in accordance with CDC Guidelines
- Signage throughout the hotel reminding all to maintain social distancing requirements and keep your mouth and nose covered.
- Mandatory requirement of face coverings for all guests who enter and exit the hotel.
- Re-arranging common areas to encourage social distancing.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) among employees, disinfecting workstations and equipment throughout each day.
- Ongoing staff training on COVID19 cleaning procedures as the progress with the changing information from CDC and WHO.
- Employees are trained on how to respond and report potential cases of COVID-19 as well as recognize the signs and symptoms.
- Housekeeping staff are to complete rigorous cleaning checklists before, during, and after cleaning each room.
- Front desk will stagger employee shifts to limit overlap and follow social distancing guidelines.
Our evolving polices are guided by information obtained by the CDC, local authorities, and industry leading experts. Guest safety will always remain our top priority while we navigate our “new normal.” We will continue to update this page with the latest information. Our staff is eager to assist 24/7 with any questions or concerns that may arise during this time.
Below are some links with the most up to date information on COVID-19 and lodging here in Massachusetts.